Sunday, December 23, 2007

Interesting Christmas Numbers


Christmas miscellaneous numbers:

25- The most common denomination of a gift certificate

125- The average dollar amount teenagers will spend on gifts this Christmas season

1836- The year Alabama declared Christmas a legal holiday, making it the first U.S. state to do so


12,225- Average number of pictures taken with Santa per U.S. mall



...and numbers specifically about Christmas trees:

3 – Number of seedlings planted for every harvested Christmas tree

8 – average number of years it takes a Christmas tree to mature

50 – Number of states in the U.S. that grow Christmas trees (yep, all fifty of them, including Hawaii and Alaska)

98 – Percentage of Christmas trees grown on Christmas tree farms

2,000 – Number of trees planted per acre

12,000 – Approximate number of cut-your-own Christmas tree farms in the U.S.

1 comment:

Ducksfly2gether said...

I've always wanted to know the #'s of Christmas, especially how much people spend on their kids. I'll bet it's more than I'd like to hear though :)