Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hamburgers of the Apocalypse

I love hamburgers. Maybe as much as Ruth does. I found a fun article on hamburgers that could probably kill you in one sitting. These were my favorites:

From Mulligan's, the Luther Burger (named after Luther Vandross). It's a bacon cheeseburger sandwiched between two glazed donuts. This does not sound good to me.






Whataburger puts the entire farm in one sandwich; bacon, cheese, fried egg, burger patty, and chicken cutlet. They affectionately call it the "Whatafarm" burger. This does not sound half-bad.






...and my favorite picture. The 9 pound Big Daddy Barrick Burger in Las Vegas. Sonya Thomas, a 5'5 99-pound competitive eating champion, downed one of these in 48 minutes a few years ago. She said that the combined weight of the burger, bun and water she drank was probably 17 or 18 pounds.





Can I interest anyone in a HEALTHY dinner??? I am thinking about fruit & veggies and maybe a salad!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't think any of those hamburgers really appeal to me. especially the doughnut on and the nine pound crazy burger. that is just gross. i can't believe that girl ate it all. blah. i saw a little blurb about hamburgers on yahoo, but it was expensive hamburgers--ones with truffles, gold dust, and caviar. that doesn't sound that great either. i am most satisfied with either a cheapy double cheeseburger from mcdonalds, or those great six dollar burgers from carls. tyler and i always love the guacamole six dollar burger, but really love the philly steak six dollar burger (that they don't make anymore. boo hoo).

Grandma C said...

You could cut that 9 pound burger into wedges like a pie & serve it!!! I love Carl's Jr. also. BUT give me a cheesecake ice cream with raspberries mixed in from Cold Stone & you can have my burger!!! Oops- I think I need to rush & do some errands- I might just be going by Cold Stone :)

Ducksfly2gether said...

I think this is my favorite burger:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeId=36993

Especially after looking at those other burgers. Blah!