Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Egg-stra Fun For Breakfast

It can be hard to boil an egg. This has led to several products used to indicate that an egg is soft, medium, or hard-boiled. I like mine hard, and often over-cook them so there are no runny parts in the middle. I finally found a plastic 'timer' which is about the size and shape of an egg with a flat side. I put this in the water with the eggs, and it gets darker from the outside edges as it boils. I don't remove the eggs until the entire thing is dark.


The British Egg Information Service has a new idea - they have stamped their eggs with one of the words: 'soft', 'medium', or 'hard' using special inks. If you want soft-boiled eggs, you buy a carton labeled soft and cook them until the stamp turns black.


And finally, there is the Bang Bang Egg Toaster. You put the eggs into the four holes and add a little water. Push a lever to lower them and when they are done, they pop up just like toast! It even includes a set of tongs to remove the hot eggs.

4 comments:

Grandma C said...

I ALMOST wish I liked eggs so I could try a couple of these out :)

Ducksfly2gether said...

So does your review of product #1 get 5 stars? It's a great idea!

ruthio said...

i totally bought one of those timers after i used it at your house. still have it to make egg salad sandwiches.

Rachel said...

That's awesome. I never know how long to cook my eggs.