Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Candy Corn

I like candy corn - it is a simple, familiar flavor. I am not alone, because the industry estimates they will make about 35 million pounds (9 billion pieces) this year.

You can tell when something is successful by how often it is duplicated. There are candy corn cookies, earrings, and even babies.
There are also dozens of different flavors - everything from Caramel Apple to Raspberry Lemonade to Crème brûlée (See here). I have tried the Caramel Apple, and it is very good, but Raspberry Lemonade does not appeal to me.

3 comments:

ruthio said...

i tried the caramel apple last year. very disappointing. i decided to stick to the good ole' original flavor.

Ducksfly2gether said...

I can't waste a sugar serving on any candy corn this year, so I contemplated making this, just to soothe my craving...

http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Family-Lifestyle/Holidays/Halloween-Craft-Candy-Corn-Wreath.html

Grandma C said...

I still love candy corn- I also like the ones with the brown tips.