Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Two Applications That Repel Water - and a Superhydrophobic Plunger

Liquipel is a coating that repels water. It can be used to coat your phone or tablet so that it does not get destroyed when dropped into the pool:
NOTE: There are several reports that Liquipel did not completely waterproof the phone, so do some research before you pay to have this done to your phone!


NeverWet is another coating that repels water.
Click the picture below and check out the second video on the page "NeverWet Conformal Coatings" (I could not embed this one).



Cool science, right? Well, here is the one that I plan to buy... A toilet plunger coated in NeverWet:

The plunger is available at Home Depot for $13.

2 comments:

ruthio said...

were the colors used in the plunger video trying to be suggestive? or was it just me?

Grandma C said...

I can totally see you getting this! You will have to let me know how well it works!!!