Tuesday, December 20, 2011

First World Problems

A "first world problem" is an annoyance only experienced by privileged individuals in wealthy countries. The term is used to make light of relatively trivial inconveniences. It has been around for a couple of years, but recently it became popular to use it as a reply when someone complained online or via twitter. Just add a stock picture and it becomes another internet meme (like Chuck Testa).

I think these are funny to read - and they tend to get rather exaggerated. But they do help me keep things in perspective when compared to problems like hunger, poverty, or homelessness. So, I hope you enjoy the following first-world problems (some with pictures / some without):
  • We had a turkey failure. There are so many people here that we're making 3 turkeys and 2 hams. Only one turkey is done and we can't eat until there are at least two but I'm hungry now!
  • The turn signal on the car ahead of me doesn’t match the rhythm of the song I’m listening to on the radio.
  • J is worth more than X in “Words with Friends”.
  • I want to use the soda machine but all the bills in my wallet are 20's.
  • I bought a new container for my spaghetti, but my spaghetti is too tall.
  • My toothbrush batteries ran out in the middle of brushing and I had to finish brushing by hand.

3 comments:

ruthio said...

i love the drama of the pictures. my favorite one is the cereal without milk picture. i have totally felt that disappointment before.

Grandma C said...

A picture is worth a thousand words :)

akamarcus said...

Haha! This is great!