Thursday, August 09, 2012

But Wait... There's More

Do you remember Ron Popeil (founder of Ronco)?  He would often end the infomercial with the price - "How much would you pay?" or additional items included - "But wait, there's more!"

 A few weeks ago, I got a call from a vendor asking if I was interested in attending a class / feedback meeting they were holding.  I get calls like this frequently and they are not usually a good use of my time.  The lady on the phone said "you can learn all about"... and I kind of tuned out and said that I wasn't interested.  She said something about providing lunch, but I was still not interested.  Then she said "there's more" and that I could get a tablet, and I asked her to repeat that part.  Were they giving one away?  I never win those things...  "No," she said "everyone who attends gets a tablet." So I asked her to start over because now I was interested.

So the lunch was good, the presentation was actually valuable, and the networking with other attendees was great.  There were only 15 people invited, and I got to take home some software, a USB drive, a screen cleaner, and my fun new toy - a Galaxy Tablet:





6 comments:

Rachel said...

That's awesome! Definitely a good use of your time.

ruthio said...

wow! so cool. what a great thing to do-that definitely falls into the crockett category of good ways to spend your time since you got free lunch and free tablet. scooooooore!

Grandma C said...

Great description & fun pictures. So now I know what you do in your "free" time :)

Grandma C said...

Great description & fun pictures. So now I know what you do in your "free" time :)

Ducksfly2gether said...

Michael wants to know how he can save up for one. After he learned the cost, he thinks maybe he'd like a used Kindle from ebay instead. Too bad 6 year olds can't get invited to stuff like that!

akamarcus said...

Carole - congratulations on your win! We just got back from a trade show in Las Vegas where I won Mandy the same thing! You'll have to tell us all the cool apps and accessories to get for it.